This isn’t a job position that you apply for.
There is no application that you had to have filled out.
Someone out there is watching you and learning from you with everything that you are doing.
You might not even know who it is that is paying attention to you. You might not have any idea when they are watching you.
You are always on duty and there is no end to this shift.
- You might be a mentor to a child in your home watching what you choose as priorities.
- You might be a mentor to someone at work watching to see what level of achievement you are setting
- You might be a mentor to a someone who you don’t really know and they watch everything you do online
It could be someone in your neighborhood, someone at a store you stop at frequently or even a pet in your household that learns from your mood and temper. You might never know who it is and it might be more than one person.
How can you set a good example and be the role model you want to be?
- Do a good deed by holding a door open for someone and maybe it sends a message to someone who sees it happen as well as the person you assisted.
- Pay for the car behind you at the drive through window and you could impact the server at the window and the people in the car behind you.
- Give a moment to help feed the homeless and you are setting an example for everyone in your life as well as being a mentor to everyone there to eat.
The question to ask yourself with every action you choose is, what sort of example are you setting for others?
Chadalyst – Stop and take a moment to think of someone who you know you are a mentor to. What message are you sending them? Is it the message you want them to remember?