There I was sitting in a room with people with the title of leader. These leaders are getting ready to work with others that also have a title of leader. This made me ask the question, what makes a leader?
- Is a leader someone who helps others figure out what to do or figures out what to do and let others witness it?
Is a leader someone who goes first or goes last?
Is a leader someone who tells others things or listens to others about things?
The answer to these questions is a simple one…yes.
A leader helps others figure the path and leads by example.
A leader sometimes pulls in the right direction and leads the way and other times pushes in the right direction and follows others.
A leader has answers and is always finding new answers.
Still confused? Here it is summed up in 3 simple points of what a leader does.
- Set a vision
- Clearly communicate that vision consistently
- Recruit a team to that vision
1. Set a vision – a leader should have an idea of where they currently are and where they want to go.
2. Communicate that vision – a leader should be able to share the destination with others so they want to go there as well.
3. Recruit a team – through communication a leader should be able to find others that see the same vision, hear the same vision and want to join on the journey to the final vision.
Some visions need a large team to achieve. Then there are some visions the only person you need to recruit is the one looking at you in the mirror!
You might not be a leader in title. That shouldn’t stop you from leading. In the different areas of life, we can all be leaders.
- Maybe you are a leader in the business world.
- Maybe you are a leader in your health choices.
- Maybe you are a leader in the way you parent or the type of spouse you are.
The hardest person to lead is yourself so remember that YOU are a Leader and start there!
Do you enjoy the information found in these blogs?
Click on the top right of the screen to subscribe and you can be one of the first to receive these updates.
Chadalyst – The best way to lead others is to lead yourself. Find one thing that you can lead yourself to success at, and do it! Then do it again! Soon enough people will be coming to you for the lessons you have learned and the leadership you display!