Success can be yours and it can be easier than you think to achieve it.
The biggest challenge that we have found people face when they are looking to become an overnight success is that they want it to actually happen overnight. There is no such thing as an overnight success. There is always work that must be done.
- The star athlete that comes out of nowhere probably put hours and hours of training in before you ever heard their name
- The movie star that was discovered has probably been in acting classes at school or has some small parts on their resume
- The business person that takes their idea to success, probably has had many jobs helping them get where they are overnight
The overnight success is rarely what it seems.
To achieve success, which you can, all you need to do is find the person a few steps ahead of you and follow them.
Most people are happy to have someone following them, as it pushes them to be better and makes them feel good to share. These same people will be happy for you as you continue to grow, even if that means passing them by. Remember, your level of success might not be the same as their level of success.
Here is an easy way to understand this concept…
Having grown up in a city that experienced snow 10 months of the year, or so it seemed, and never had a snow day from school we learned how to walk to the bus in knee-deep snow. We followed in the footsteps created by the person in front of us even if we couldn’t see them. Once we finally caught up to them, because it was easier for us then it was for them, we passed them and let them follow in our footsteps. If we were smart, we just looked for the next set of footprints to walk in and repeated the pattern.
This is how you create overnight success:
- Look for the person heading the same direction as you
- Follow in their footsteps until you catch up
- Pass them
- Find the next person heading in the direction you are now intending to go
Before you know it, you are an overnight success story and there is a line of people walking in your footsteps.
Do you enjoy the information found in these blogs?
Click on the top right of the screen to subscribe and you can be one of the first to receive these updates.
Chadalyst – Stop what you are doing and find the person you plan to follow. Send them this blog and let them know they came to your mind and you admire their success