April Showers Bring May Flowers…
Well then what do May Flowers bring?
We have heard the kid’s joke that says that Mayflowers bring pilgrims. Hopefully you were kind enough to laugh at your child telling that joke to you.
All joking aside, what else do May flowers bring?
They bring the sign of change in the growth of the foliage and in the real estate industry.With school about to break for the year and families thinking about making a move, this time of the year is always a busy one.
- Multiple offers are back.
- Buyers are finally getting off that fence and writing offers
- Sellers that were thinking about listing weeks ago, now have a sign in their yard.
And still, agents are surprised how busy they are all of a sudden.
- This would be like a football player being surprised when September roles around that they have to play games.
- This would be like a politician being surprised in November that elections are happening.
- This would be like a kid waiting until October 29th to figure out their Halloween costume.
Players are in training all year for opening day. Politicians are campaigning all year for the election. Kids are usually ready to go by October 15th, if not sooner, to collect as much candy as possible on Halloween.
Seasonality is a part of our lives.
- We pay taxes quarterly (or we should)
- We lose weight for bathing suit season and we seem to gain weight in the winter.
- We turn the heat on in our car when it is cold out and we turn the air conditioning on when it gets hot.
Seasonality is norm in the real estate industry as well and this is always a busy season. Why then are Realtors® taken by surprise each spring season? The market starts to pick up and most Realtors® are shocked and excited. The worst part is that they think it is something that they are doing.
- They think it is the open house they did that changed it all.
- They believe it is the one postcard they mailed out that started the wave.
- They credit the Facebook posting they made the other day as the reason they just got so busy.
The worst part is that no matter what they think started it, they never think it is going to stop.
As one of my mentors used to tell me during the highs and the lows of the year, this to shall pass.
Are you saving, planning and preparing for later in the year when things slow down again?
Be ready for seasonality because just like Mother Nature the seasons will continue to change.
Do you enjoy the information found in these blogs?
Click on the top right of the screen to subscribe and you can be one of the first to receive these updates.
Chadalyst – SAVE! Just like a squirrel hides food for the winter, you should remember to hide funds for future seasonal changes