Thanksgiving is upon us and it is a day of traditions.
- the Macy’s Parade
- eating turkey
- watching football
- taking a moment to think of the things we are thankful for
- time with our family
I am sure that Facebook will blow up with all of the posts about the things that everyone is thankful for this year.
- Good health
- Business success
- Love in their life
- Their iPhone 5
- and many other things
Before you read on, pause for a moment. What is it that you are really thankful for?
- A roof over your head?
- The friendship given by another that you can always count on?
- A person that loves you so much that even when you are impossible to deal with they are still there?
Now, take your thankfulness a step further and get off Facebook and the other social networks. It is wonderful that you are sharing with all of us what and who you are thankful for. You might even make it a special day for someone by publicly thanking them.
Here is what will really matter when everyone finally wakes up from the turkey nap.
- Pick up the phone and call the people you are thankful for
- Take a moment during the parade or football game to write a card and send it to the person you want to thank
- If you are able to actually see that person, hug them, pat them on the back, or however you show affection and tell them how important they are
Thanksgiving will come and go on our calendar. It should never end in your heart!
Do you enjoy the information found in these blogs?
Click on the top right of the screen to subscribe and you can be one of the first to receive these updates.
Chadalyst – Share with us in the comments who and what you are thankful for and then go thank that person in real life!