Halloween is the perfect way to look at your life and the perfect time to make some changes because you don’t have to wait for New Year’s Eve for that.
Each year we dress up in crazy costumes (some of you crazier than others) and shed our inhibitions and get out there. Maybe it is the safety of the costume or maybe it is just the fact that for a night we don’t listen to that little voice in our heads.
Out we go, meeting our neighbors finally and saying hello to complete strangers. We go with one script in mind…Trick or Treat.
Of course we know that we are getting a treat. When was the last time you got a trick performed for you?
You go door to door (or store to store in the shopping mall now) and repeat the same script again and again and again.
When the night is over, you have a bag filled with candy. How much candy is up to you as it depends on how focused you were or how slow you went through the night.
Now the important part…you sort through the candy. Some of it is great and some of it is not so great. Remember that even not so great candy, is still candy! The only thing that you throw away are the toothbrushes and the candy that was melted.
This should be your life! Don’t believe us? Let’s take a look…
- You dress up in crazy costumes – you dress up for work (maybe not as crazy, then again for some of you maybe crazier)
- You should get out there to meet your neighbors and perfect strangers as no matter what business you are in you are always looking for new clients.
- You should know your scripts as well as you know Trick or Treat! What will you say about yourself, about your product or about what you do all day long
- You know what to say that your candy bag gets filled. In this case it is with business contacts, phone numbers or new people to add to your networking
- You sort the candy bag. Some of those people are great people to know and some are not so great. Remember even a not so great contact in still a new contact!
Celebrate Halloween each and every day in your life and you will find your candy bag full!
Chadalyst – Go trick or treat and don’t come back until you have enough candy for the day (we mean, go meet people and don’t stop until you have met enough people or at least the right person for your business!)